Wednesday, October 26, 2016

What I am and Why am I Blogging

So I might as well start by introducing myself. Am I some high profile athlete or bodybuilder writing about my experiences and advice for future lifters? No. I'm just a dude living his college years in the capital of nowhere - Ithaca, NY.
I'm a current student athlete on the squash team with my best years behind me, that being 14 and being in the top 10 in the European under 15 rankings. I slept, breathed, and ate squash. But recently I have developed a new love for the gym and powerlifting. I can proudly say that I could bench the bar last September and squat 45 plates by January - and all thanks to not having any program. It's only around August that I did a reality check and noticed that I was a whopping 140lbs and 5'9", which simply put means I was scrawny as ****. Don't get me wrong, I am still as narcissistic as before, but at least now I pretend to know what I'm doing with greater confidence.
I started with the Gladiator routine and my lifts increased significantly. Around 200lbs added to squats, 100 to bench, and I actually did deadlifts. I started a new program recently, the rippler, that's part of the gzcl compendium (Relevant blog which I strongly recommend reading). Now this isn't a program per se, or even a sketch for your own workout. It's a way of life. But all jokes aside, I really felt that this program is more intuitive and enjoyable for me as a whole. That's about it for who I am, guess from writing more of these posts I may share some more details that I never really considered that important at the time of writing.

So you can probably guess by now that I am going to do this blog about fitness and lifting. While I'm not a professional so can't give any revolutionary posts about secret stuff I have done to get me from zero to jacked and tanned in a year, I do want to share whatever I know and my ideas about being an athlete, a student, and an avid gym-goer. With regards to the reasoning, I just want to see what I know and what others think of my ideas. Also my blog-writing skills suck, so I am practicing by doing this and hopefully will learn some writing skills in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment